Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Graduation Party and Waiting

  On June 9, my family had a huge graduation party/all-clear celebration. We had nearly a hundred people out to our farm. Not only did I graduate, but on June 8, one sister (S) graduated high school, and the twins (L&R) will be graduating from 8th grade. On top of that, my brother, who has had a brain tumor since he was nine, received news that he was nine-months cancer free and should move on with his life. Needless to say, this was a big day.
   We spent the whole week, and maybe a little more, getting ready. We made mostaccioli and Caesar salad, baked cookies and rolls, made posters and hung decorations. In fact, I was still prepping by the time the party started. 
  We all had a great time. Kids went swimming in the pond, played on the swing set, rode golf carts, and played volleyball. The adults mingled, went fishing, and just relaxed. I got to see some people that I haven't seen in years. It was fun.
  That night, I thought that I would be able to sign up for a dorm room at UCD. I was mistaken. Because I haven't been fully accepted, I am not allowed to apply for dorms. I am getting incredibly antsy. My college sent my transcripts on June 7, which means that UCD should be getting them anytime now. The transcripts were the last requirement for me to be fully accepted. So now, I'm waiting with baited breath. To make it worse, everyday, all the people at work ask when I'm going to find out. It just makes the whole thing nerve wracking. 
  On top of all that, I'm trying to lose weight - unsuccessfully so far - I've only managed to gain it, which just adds to my frustrations.
  Until next time - perhaps "Acceptance and Packing." Here's to hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment